Friday, January 21, 2005

Stupidity and a cut finger

Actually stupidity isn't exactly the right word. Maybe carelessness is a better term. Yesterday I was chopping onions for a recipe. I had just finished cutting up a large steak and was still using the large knife for cutting. (Click here for a picture.) Anyway, chop, chop, chop go the onions. Then, my left thumb got to close to the blade and CHOP! The blade hit the side of my thumb, creating a gash about a 1/2 inch deep.

After calling Heather, we took a trip to the hospital for sutures. My reward was five stiches across the inside part of my thumb towards the tip. I'll have stiches until next Friday.

I guess I got lucky. It definitely could have been a lot worse. I didn't cut a tendon. I didn't cut it off. However, it still hurts like hell!

No comments: