Monday, January 17, 2005

Les Miserables in Pittsburgh

BTW, I wanted to mention that Heather and I had the chance to see the musical Les Miserables last Tuesday when it came to Pittsburgh. Although I've seen the musical at least three other times before, it had been quite some time since I last saw it (1995?).

We really enjoyed it. I know the music by heart and actually own multiple versions of the soundtracks, in several languages. Nevertheless, most of the acting and singing was superb. My only gripe is that some of the lyrics were changed. Not really changed as much as having some select snippets of particular songs removed. I guess the writers felt that they didn't add as much to the score as they distracted. Anyway, some of those snippets were my favorites!

Nevertheless, I'd highly recommend that you take the effort to see it!

No comments: