Sunday, December 10, 2006

Pedestrians say city gives them 'don't walk' signals

Pedestrians say city gives them 'don't walk' signal

I'd have to agree with almost every assertion made in this article. Living in Mt. Lebanon, I walk to the T Station every day, a 1/2 mile in each direction. Sometime's its a real challenge getting safely there, with the cars not paying attention, running stop lights, running stop signs, etc. When I get off the T at the Wood Street station, I only have to cross one street, Sixth Avenue at Liberty Avenue. However, it can take several minutes to cross the street here with the cars turning right on red, etc. Considering that both Pittsburgh and Mt. Lebanon have a vested interest in keeping pedestrians safe, I hope that some workable solutions come out of this.

No comments: